Wednesday, December 26, 2012

It's not much, but its what I can do.

It has been a while since I have visited this blog. In fact, the Susan G. Komen 3-day for the Cure 2012 'season' has ended, and I have failed to blog about my two experiences. As normal, life got in the way

But the real reason on why I am here today... It comes with a heavy heavy heart. Several years ago I was introduced to Bridget Spence on a Susan G. Komen promotional dvd. I had my own personal reasons for walking and supporting the fight for the cure, but Bridget gave me another reason. I have followed Bridget's journey, the ups and the downs, the tears and the celebrations. I have kept her in my prayers and every training walk to the 3-day event her name has been with me. I've often visited her blog, just to make sure I didn't miss an update. My heart was heavy when I read the most recent post. I sat in my living room letting her words sink in and become a reality. 

I'm not sure if Bridget is aware of the army that she has behind her. There is one thing I do know: this army will not back down. As soon as I hit publish on this blog, I will make my first donation of many in honor of Bridget to a walker or crew member for the 3-day event series. The first donation is for an inspiring man, who provided me the inspiration to do this. I know that it’s not much, but it’s what I can do to honor one amazing and inspiring woman who I will never forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment