Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Moving Indoors?!?

Maybe its just me, but when I received the email from Komen yesterday saying they were moving us indoors, I was a tad shocked and a little sad.

As a past participant in the Susan G. Komen Atlanta 3-Day for the Cure, you may have braved some chilly or wet weather while walking towards our goal of a future without breast cancer.
In order to help ensure you have a great experience no matter the weather, we’ll be setting up the Atlanta 3-Day for the Cure campsite indoors. It will have all of the features of an outdoor camp, including the tents and that indomitable 3-Day spirit, but will help you rest warmly during your 3-Day journey.
Thank you for your commitment to the fight to end breast cancer. We’re looking forward to an incredible journey!
Sincerely,
The Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure Coaches

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I love 3-Day camping. Yes, its a lot of work and a lot of packing for the what-ifs, but to me its part of the 3-Day experience. I may not have been so cheerful waking up to 40 degree weather, but again all part of the 3-Day experience. I mean I have bragged to our first timers how much fun it is to camp for the 3-day. I have raved about the pink tents, shower trucks, the post office, massage station, you name it. I even have a comprehensive list of everything you need to pack and why. On a positive note I guess I won't be needing those extra tarps or clothes pins anymore! The morning dew won't be a factor either!

Komen has never let me down before and I feel confident that they will stay true to their word and we will have all the features of outdoor camp this October! Just makes me wonder where we will be "camping" this year and what kind of changes to the route we have to look forward to! 

Bottom line, we may all be out of our comfort level for 2 nights, but we can do anything for 2 nights, whats important is we are all together to fight Cancer!

(I will miss this)

PS. Any of you who have always wanted to participate in the 3-Day before and the camping is what has held you back, you have no excuse now!

No comments:

Post a Comment