Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Get Started=Success

I would consider tonight's get started meeting a great success! Everyone that was in attendance is now part of the 3-Day family! What a good feeling! 

Tonight's presentation was by Karen Odell, who was fabulous! I can't wait to see her again in the next two weeks! The presentation was a little different than last year. I always get teary eyed when I hear and see the Komen radio and TV commercials, but tonight, it was beyond teary eyed. We were (virtually) introduced to Bridget. Bridget and I are the same age and even got married around the same time. However, Bridget found out she had stage 4 metastatic breast cancer when she was 21 years old. Metastatic means, the cancer is spreading throughout your body and over time becomes resistant to drug therapy. Metastatic breast cancer has a less than 20% five year survival rate. Bridget has no family history of the disease. Cancer does not discriminate.

Bridget has a blog called, My Big Girl Pants. Aspiring, does not even begin to describe Bridget. If you don't have time to read her blog, at least read why she walks. I don't think anyone could say it better.
Bridget, we are all walking with you and for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment