Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Half Way There!

Someone hit a milestone yesterday, and that someone was Me! I am now half way to my fundraising goal. Yesterday was a typical Monday in the 8 to 5 working world with the exception of this little badge that totally made my day! (Thanks Amy R.):
I have something else to celebrate too! The Atlanta BreastSavers have a new team member! Well, actually we have three new team members that I have yet to introduce.

Meet Carly. Carly and I have known each other since 2002. We were both pharmacy techs while we were in college. I remember the first day we worked together, and we knew we had seen each other before. It turns out Carly and I had a lot of the same friends and had probably been at the same places at the same time. Carly has been telling me for several years that she wanted to do the walk. A lot of people tell me they want to do the walk, and we talk about it and then they never sign up. Carly is  walking in Atlanta not Tampa where she lives. Plus, we are walking with another one of her friends who is also a SGK alum!

Next is Justin. That's right, there is a man on our team! I'm not sure he knows what he is getting into yet, but he will soon find out! Justin is Amy's husband and is also an Atlanta Fireman. I wonder how many of Atlanta Fire will be out to support us this year?  I can't wait for those Saturday morning training walks... we are going find out if Justin can really hang with the ladies!

And last, but certainly not least, Karen Ann! Karen Ann signed up last week, and I am pretty sure its from all of the facebook pimping I have been doing of this blog. Karen Ann and I went to high school together and from high school she has become a very accomplished photographer. She is very talented plus we share a favorite food, Mac & Cheese  (her company is called Mac + Cheese Photography). Check her out, because she does amazing work. Karen Ann is also crazy, she does things like  Muddy Buddy, Warrior Dash and Ironmans. I have no doubt she is ready for 60 miles. Oh, get this... she signed up for the walk last week, made an announcement on facebook and already has $200 in donations! Way to go!!!
I am so excited to walking with several SGK alums and several newbies as well! Who knows maybe we will pick up a couple more along the way! 

Fundraising letter is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment